Sunday, September 19, 2010

Karl and the Country Club Republicans

So it's Sunday and I'm still digesting the fact that on Tuesday and Wednesday nights I heard Karl Rove rip the winner of the Delaware Senate Republican Primary, Christine O'Donnell. With his comments, Rove did more for O'Donnell's Democrat opponent than he could do for himself.

I suspect that Karl thinks of himself as being very, very important. He and other blue-blood Republicans seem to have a certain disdain for any fellow Party member who wouldn't fit in at a Washington cocktail party. I guess those Republicans - unsophisticated and unwashed - are supposed to sit down, be quiet, and marvel at Rove's, Bill O'Reilly's, and Charles Krauthammer's cummulative genius.

I see it this way... I'd rather see the Senate controlled by Democrats than a Republican Majority consisting of Liberals with an R beside their name. It's the so-called moderate, Country Club Republicans that make the public believe there is no difference between the two Parties.

So maybe Karl and his buds should get behind the Tea Party candidates... or sit down and shut up.


....

4 comments:

SkyePuppy said...

Or both!

Delta R. Vines said...

O'Donnell sounds ok. Just have a problem with the witchcraft stuff from her past. She seems to make lite of it - a problem for me.

Tea Partiers around here are just "anti-incumbent", not looking at the records of the people whom they are targeting. There's some good folks in office here - not all incumbents are bad. That's the part of the Tea Party I don't get. Oh well....

Grammy said...

That witchcraft thing is probably going to get a lot of press and traction. The left probably thinks they've found their Bill Ayers. I think you have to allow someone an idiotic youth. If I was held to the opinions and folly of my youth people would have a very wrong impression of who I am today. Sometimes renouncing an idiotic youth makes your maturity deeper.

SkyePuppy said...

Delta,

As Grammy says, it was in her youth. In high school. When stupid kids with hormones that make them stupider do stupid things they grow up to regret (Kinda like that hairdo she had in the video). It sounds as though the "dabbling" was more about her wanting to do what her boyfriend was doing, and he was the one who was into the witchcraft.

My issue is with the guy who released the video (Mahr?). He's had the video for years, but did he bring it out during the primary, when she was first in the news? No. That would have helped his man's opponent (of course, I would NEVER imply that he's not objective). Instead, Mr. In The Tank For The Dems Mahr waited until she won the primary, and then he trotted out the video and used it to try to extort her appearance on his loser show. Disgusting!