Sunday, August 26, 2007

Too Cool for 86




That's my 86-year-old dad in the WWII Veteran hat, perched next to his brand new 50 inch High Definition Plasma TV.

He has been having a little trouble with macular degeneration, so the bigger screen helps.

That's what he says. Or maybe he just wanted to have the biggest and best TV in the family. (I could actually make out the individual blades of artificial turf in the HD NFL broadcast. Dang!)

I'd be green with envy, but this old Tin Can Sailor deserves the best!

5 comments:

Bekah said...

See this makes so much more sense than my dad's approach, which is to stand 2 feet from the refrigerator (on top of which is a 13 inch NOT HD TV) and watch an entire newscast. Maybe my dad just needs to get to 86 to be too cool too. He's not terribly far away.

Good for your dad for getting the biggest and the best! I would agree that he deserves it!

Jacob said...

Ha, that's the oldest excuse in the book. Your dad rules.

SkyePuppy said...

So have you been visiting your dad more often since the purchase?

Malott said...

I was talking to my sister (Lisa) and we conspired to invade our parents home when the Colts play, and wrest the remote control away from our dad... Who has an annoying habit of switching stations when we least expect it.

We figure if we bring food and drink, he might just tolerate it.

Tsofah said...

Super Bowl Party at your dad's next January?

Oh yeah, hide the remote. :-)

IMHO, your dad looks very happy, and proud, and deserves all the good he gets.