Thursday, July 06, 2006

Kenneth Lay... Rest in Peace

I was visiting www.democraticunderground.com to witness the latest hysteria of the suffering Dems (they always seem to be suffering from one thing or another), which included the latest hate directed at Joe Lieberman... and a discussion of Ken Lay's death which included this:

Will George Bush be giving the eulogy?
After all, Enron financed his theft of the White House.


It's really good news for conservatives that the Democrats refuse to move on with their lives. I suppose they will be talking about the stolen election of 2000 for the rest of my life. The independent recounts that showed President Bush to be the winner in Florida just never really registered with these people for some reason.

Anyway, I don't know if Kenneth Lay was evil, but celebrating his death certainly is... at the very least it's tasteless. Let's hope that the sins of those at Democratic Underground are also forgiven and forgotten... just as those of the rest of us lesser souls are.


3 comments:

SkyePuppy said...

A woman I used to work with woke up one morning with "holes" in her vision. She could look at you and not be able to see parts of your face. She might see an eye, your nose, and the sweep of hair on one side, but no mouth or chin or the other eye. Her problem lasted two months, during which they tested her for everything (tumors, cancer, infections, injury) and always came up negative.

Then one morning she woke up and the world was all there again. The doctors decided it was a freak migraine vision-thing without the headache.

I tell this story, because liberals strike me as having the same kind of impaired vision of the political landscape. They see that Ken Lay was a businessman, which makes him evil GOP, but they can't see all the money his company contributed to Democrats (as I recall his donations to Dems was much higher than his donations to Republicans).

They see that Al Gore won the popular vote, but they can't see that every recount of Florida's 2000 presidential election went for GW Bush.

Unlike my former coworker, though, there's not much chance that they'll wake up one day and see things clearly.

Malott said...

I get those sparkly blind spots from time to time and I always worry that they didn't get all the skin cancer and that it has returned and lodged in my brain. (Brain, liver, or lungs, they say) Then it just goes away... but it's a very strange and distracting phenomenon. I'm surprised that your friend could work for two months like that.

To me, liberals seem to have a kind of selfish, disrespectful rebelliousness in their souls that manifests itself as petty, ungrateful narcissism... their lives an over-played drama with waves of envy, inappropriate vagaries, and sacrilegious panderings to the latest fashion or God-substitute.

Other than that they're OK.

SkyePuppy said...

My friend couldn't work like that. She had to go out on disability while the doctors tested her up one side and down the other.

My, oh, my, you sure do like those liberals. You're getting downright sentimental.