Friday, July 14, 2006

I'm Ready to Pay

Let me first say that I see no equivalence between western civilization and the moral wilderness of radical Islam. I see no equivalence between people who raise and nurture families, and those who strap bombs to teenagers. The former are human beings and the latter are animals.

They are not animals because of their race or religion. They have become animals because of their hate and murderous activity.

Israel has been at war for many years now... a war that is the elephant in Israel's living room that they so deftly ignore. But elephants make a mess. They're noisy, they're dangerous, they break things, and they poop all over everything. I, for one, wonder why Israel has put up with it for as long as they have.

Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran, and Syria are the main provocateurs in Israel's war and are behind the murder of American soldiers in Iraq. They want war. They insist on war. I think we should give it to them and I'm ready to pay.

There is no hope for reasoning and talks of peace. There are no breakthroughs or epiphanies on the horizon that will suddenly change the evil hearts and minds of these animals. I believe all we can do is make an example of these groups and countries, and we should do it with economy in terms of monetary cost and American lives.

I don't like it. In fact I dread it. Innocent people will suffer. But this is a war that we didn't start, and this is an evil that will keep coming at us until we kill it, so I'm ready to be done with it and I'm ready to pay.

If gas costs 10 dollars per gallon but my family lives its future in security then I'm ready to pay. If the economy suffers and I lose my job, but my great nephew and great nieces can raise their children in a free America, then I'm ready to pay.

Like Israel, our choices are limited by the dictates of those who want war. Either we continue to treat the symptoms or we kill the disease. I choose to kill the disease and I'm ready to pay.

5 comments:

All_I_Can_Stands said...

Great post. We should all be ready to pay the price for freedom. That price would be a lot less if the whole world would get behind it instead of leaving the US to bear the brunt of it.

Malott said...

So true. But I guess going practically alone is the price you pay for being the world's only super-power.

janice said...

Great post Chris,
If the muslims didn't have oil, a commodity the world needs and are willing to be held captive to, then I believe the evil that is islam would have be crushed decades ago.

No Munich, no jetliner highjackings, no USS Cole, the evil would have been brought to an end.

But the oil rich terror nations have the world community over an oil "barrel" and they know it. This cult would have been dicredited long ago just like any other cult save the petrol they own.

Malott said...

Janice,

I think you're right. But if the world screws around with them much longer, we are going to have much bigger problems than rising oil prices.

Great points.

janice said...

I agree Chris, the least of our problems right now is the pain at the pump we're suffering. I choose to crush them oil or not, I for one will not allow my country to be marched into dhimmitude, nor will I watch my nieces be forced to wear a burka! Like it or not, this is where we'll end up, this is their plan for all civilization. The "holy" koran dictates world domination, period.
Read it for yourself, and don't be fooled by "moderate" muslims. The koran also allows muslims to LIE to further the "religion of peace".

Sorry for the rant, but watching the FOX news coverage of this war and listening to the lefties pander to islam is making me ill. I'll return to "normal" after a good nights sleep.