Monday, December 17, 2007

World's Oldest Man, A Bachelor...
Dies at 116

I find this story fascinating!

Hryhoriy Nestor, a bachelor who was thought in his lifetime to be the oldest person in the world, has died at the age of 116 in Ukraine.

Born, according to family documents, on 15 March 1891, Mr Nestor, a former farm labourer, put his long life down to the fact that he never married.

"He didn't find himself a mate because he was a short man and never had money," Oksana (A relative he lived with) believes.
Fascinating! We're practically twins. And look at the size of his ears!

As some of you know, I've always believed that bachelors die young. You can imagine how excited I am to learn that a short man with no money... Who doesn't appeal to women... Lives to the age of 116... I mean...

This man is me!

I'm 5' 9" tall... I'm practically penniless... I am anathema to women...

I MAY LIVE TO A RIPE OLD AGE!

Fascinating!

10 comments:

Tsofah said...

Chris:

You are toooo much sometimes!

My hubby just heard me laugh and asked "you reading Malott's blog again?" and smiled. Yep.

SkyePuppy said...

My dear Chris,

Your life isn't even half over yet! Think of all the gardening still ahead of you. And the Vitros Fusion 5,1 work. And the naps...

Malott said...

Thanks, guys!

Obviously it pays to be short, poor, and unattractive. Thank you, God!

Jacob said...

Never fear, Malott. You have lots of online groupies it seems.

janice said...

Oh Chris, you're too much! I love this one.

SkyePuppy said...

Chris,

Not to rain on your long-lived parade, but I started watching Amazing Grace again, and Wilberforce's Cousin Henry had this line that reminded me of your post:

Single men wither away and die in rooms that smell of feet and armpits.

But maybe that was only true in the late 1700's.

Malott said...

Skyepuppy,

Oh thank you so much.

It's always been a fear of mine that my house would smell like an old man's socks.

I'd write more but I have some serious withering planned for tonight.

SkyePuppy said...

Chris,

Before you wither too much, did you get my email? Or should I re-send it?

Bekah said...

You make me laugh. :)

SkyePuppy said...

Chris,

I just re-sent my email twice, once from yahoo and once from my old email address. I'm hoping one of them gets there.