Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Redemption

I love movies like Dickens' A Christmas Carol, The Natural, etc... But they are Hollywood's counterfeit stories of redemption.

Broken lives, broken people... Changed and healed... Those stories are authored by Someone else.


He came to my desk with a quivering lip;
The lesson was done.
"May I have a new sheet, dear teacher?
I’ve spoiled this one.”
So I took his sheet all spoiled and blotted,
And gave him a new one – all unspotted,
Then into his sad eyes smiled,
“Do better now, my child.”

I came to the Throne with trembling heart;
The day was done.
“May I have a new day, dear Master?
I’ve spoiled this one.”
So He took my day, all spoiled and blotted,
And gave me a new one – all unspotted,’
Then into my sad heart smiled,
“Do better now, my child.”

2 comments:

janice said...

What a beautiful example of our Lords Grace.

Thanks Chris.....

Tsofah said...

Gives me chills and goosebumps on my goosebumps! Awesome.