Friday, October 19, 2007


The Good in Scouting
PHILADELPHIA -- The city has decided that the Boy Scouts chapter here must pay fair-market rent of $200,000 a year for its city-owned headquarters because it refuses to permit gay Scouts.

The organization's Cradle of Liberty Council, which currently pays $1 a year in rent, must pay the increased amount to remain in its downtown building past May 31...

The higher rent money "would have to come from programs. That's 30 new Cub Scout packs, or 800 needy kids going to our summer camp," ( Jeff ) Jubelirer (spokesman for the Cradle of Liberty Council) said. "It's disappointing, and it's certainly a threat."

The Cradle of Liberty Council serves about 64,000 scouts in Philadelphia and its suburbs.

That's nice. Most contentious issues boil down to the lowest common denominator... Good vs. Evil.
I still remember the phrases. "A scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent..." "On my honor, I will do my best, to do my duty to God, and my country..." Etc.
On my honor...

For many of our poorest, Scouting is the first introduction to concepts like honor... The first place where they identify with the word... And... They are introduced to the idea that there is something greater than self-gratification.
The militant gays and other leftists are not interested in starting their own "gay-accepting" young men's organization... Any more than they are in starting their own Churches.
They just want to infiltrate, degrade, dilute, and "tear down" the organizations that now exist.

12 comments:

janice said...

These same liberal twits make sure muslim inmates (local, state and federal levels) all have halal meals, korans and prayer rugs. 5 times a day calls to prayer and arrows pointing towards mecca. Even our schools and hospitals conform to accommodate.

Yep, freedom for all!
Unless you're a Christian.

Great post Chris

Jacob said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Malott said...

In the deleted comment above, Jacob called me a moron and used a word I don't permit on my blog.

He also wrote:

"Testify! I absolutely agree.

See, when I joined a gym the other day, that was because I wanted to tear it down.

When I went to school it was because I wanted to tear it down.

When I was feeling a bit peckish last night, I went into a fish and chip shop because I wanted to tear it down.

When I log into my blogger account it's because I want to tear it down.

When I enrolled to vote, it was because I wanted to dilute the value of democracy and of course tear it down."

Malott said...

Jacob,

People who take religious organizations to court because they don't like the religious standards that the organization insists upon... are trying to tear down the organization.

Whether it's the Boy Scouts or the Church... We don't want to change for you.

The militant gays involved in this struggle are fighting for something they can never have... All they can do is intimidate and harrass... And all they gain from that is resentment.
They should get on with their lives and accept the consequences of their choices.

Thanks for your comments.

Jacob said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
janice said...

Like other militant groups, the objective is to tear it down.

We, conservatives, are expected to be tolerant and accepting of all, regardless of their hostility towards our beliefs.
Why would someone so hell bent against the traditions and bylaws of an organization want to join if not to destroy it? They don't want to join, they want to eliminate it. And why would they? There are no shared values pulling them to take the oath.

If you want to be a Godless, gay camper, create your own club. Then there's no conflict, you're with like-minded folks and all is well, you just can't be a Boy Scout of America.

janice said...

One more thing, they can't win based on the existing laws (or in the court of public opinion) and turn to the courts to make laws to suit them.

Anonymous said...

Separate but 'equal' isn't really equal, and you know it. This is the same reason why the segregation laws were wrong.

Malott said...

Anonymous,

I believe any young man with homosexual tendencies could join a Scout Troop and proceed all the way to Eagle as long as he didn't openly profess that he was gay.

I even believe that there are probably rare "homosexual-like" acts that take place within Scouting between boys that are never discovered.

The reason why this is an "Issue" is because The Boy Scouts is an organization that clings to traditional values. It's what they say and think that upsets the militant gays and other leftists.

The Boy Scouts - is what it is. Join them and respect their rules and values... Or don't join them.

Anonymous said...

Malott,

Don't ask, don't tell? Not very fair - you're outgoing with your own beliefs, does that mean that a secular organization should be allowed to discriminate against you?

Malott said...

Anonymous,

Yes. Organizations have the right to define themselves.

For instance, I joined a church 8 years ago. It's against the rules of the church to sleep around or live in sin. Being a heterosexual - it's not easy for me. But I manage to control myself because I want to remain a member of the church.

If in the future I choose to be immoral, I will leave the church.

Tsofah said...

Why is it that there can be "gay only" organizations - but when there is a group (like scouts)who want to be heterosexual only; gays feel that cannot be? Hey, women wanted to be scouts. Did they sue the Boy Scouts? No. They started Girl Scouts instead. So - if they want to have "Gay Scouts", go right ahead, but don't expect me to send my son to it.

In an organization that has had young men assaulted by leaders in the past, you'd think a gay man would want to be as far away from it as possible.

We G-d fearing, Bible-Believing, attempt to live righteously folks aren't allowed to have an opinion. I'm not perfect by a long shot, but I'm not going to purposely walk into sin as I used to. It's not worth it.