Sunday, October 02, 2005

Evan's Base

I remember when Evan first ran for governor. He ran against Lt Gov John Mutz, who was basically the brains and workhorse behind Governor Orr. Mutz had proved himself in so many ways and deserved to be rewarded with the top job.

Then came Evan Bayh who had done nothing.

That fall I was talking with the lady who cuts my hair and I asked her about the election. She said, "Well I know who I'm voting for in the Governor's race!" She said Evan and I asked her why. She said, "I don't know, I just like him." It reminded me of when my Grandmother McRoberts said she'd voted for JFK because he was... "such a good looking man!"

When voters display this level of sophistication you need not wonder how politicians win elections while sporting a voting record that in no way resembles the preferences of the states they represent.

Ofcourse now that he is a Senator, Evan seals the deal every six years by misrepresenting himself. Then, he is the "moderate." (A Democrat is a moderate when, every six months or so, he votes differently than Teddy Kennedy.)

However now that he is running for the presidency he is an ultra-liberal... lest moveon.org spank. Will this cost him his Senate seat in Indiana? No. I predict that he will be re-elected because like JFK , he is such a good looking man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This proves that in politics name recognition (as in father Birch Bayh who also voted with Teddy), and a pretty face beats hard work, loyalty, and ability every time. Simple minded unsophisticated voters... Evan's voters.