Tuesday, October 13, 2009


The Abortion Addict

A woman has admitted to being 'an abortion addict' after having 15 terminations over 17 years.

Irene Vilar said she had the abortions not from poverty or fear but as an extraordinary act of rebellion against her 'controlling' husband who did not want children.

The cycle of pregnancies and abortions, which began when she was 16 and ended when she was 33, was also punctuated by several suicide attempts.

Now a successful literary agent with two young daughters, Loretta, five, and Lolita, three, Mrs Vilar has written about her experiences in a memoir, called Impossible Motherhood: Testimony of an Abortion Addict.

That's nice. Now she can make money on her dead babies.

I just can't get my mind around... 15. That's like rounding up 5 families that have three kids each, and wiping out the kids. She killed half of a grade school classroom. It's like snuffing out the lives of little Joey, Bethany, Kristen, Elijah, Tommy, Annie, Janie, Emma, Jacob, Daniel, Olivia, Chloe, Michael, Elizabeth, and Matthew. It's like killing the Brady Bunch kids and then wiping out the Waltons, before heading down the street and polishing-off Wally and the Beaver. This woman snuffed out 15 little bodies. 15 little minds. Her own precious children.
____
Why is she smiling?

....

7 comments:

SkyePuppy said...

I don't understand how her abortions, which stopped her from having those children, were "an extraordinary act of rebellion" AGAINST her husband who did NOT want kids. If she were rebelling, wouldn't she have had the kids?

With 15 abortions, that woman has a HUGE risk of getting breast cancer.

Sick, all the way around. And sad.

Bekah said...

I can't even absorb this. When I think of all the people who would give anything for just one baby in their arms...wow. To do it repeatedly and purposely...Very sickeningly sad.

Malott said...

SP,
Reading the whole article, I think she got pregnant to spite her husband, and then aborted.

Bek,
I think I can at least imagine the pressures and the fears that would make a weak woman consider an abortion. But I like to think that abortion is an evil that happens once, and is suffered for a lifetime.

This woman is a beast, and has sold her pathetic and wicked sob story for money.

The saddest thing is that in our culture this story is not grossly offensive or outrageous.

janice said...

Evil indeed Chris....

Bekah said...

Chris - I do understand why women consider it and even do it. The fears and stigmas and other issues that can surround some pregnancies could drive a person to it, and I get that. (I don't support it or condone it in any way, but I do get it.) But exactly like you said - to do it more than once, I do NOT get.

Christina said...

I saw this story a couple weeks ago and just felt outraged.

I can remember how I felt when we weren't sure if we could get pregnant and then how I felt when we lost our first pregnancy. I remember vividly wondering how God could allow so many people like this woman to get pregnant with apparent ease...only to kill their unborn babies, when all I wanted was a baby to love and care for. I still don't have a good answer for that, and I may never know.

But 15 babies. 15 children. 15 lives that would have been something, that would have meant something to so many others. And this woman is essentially bragging about it for profit. She must be mentally ill. Otherwise, how can she look into the eyes of her two daughters and not feel the horror at the 15 other ones, just like these, that she killed?

Tsofah said...

Most women who has lost a child, via miscarriage or being talked into an abortion - will tell you they go through a major time of grieving. This despite their being told that "it" was a blighted ovum; or being "educated" that "it" was "just a blob of tissue" and not really a life.

For this woman to be so stoic and unfeeling....well, there is a word (other than evil and heartles) which would describe my thoughts about her. However, it would not be very Christian, and it could get me in trouble.

HOWEVER, I can give you a hint: It rhymes with "witch".

Sigh.