Sunday, August 28, 2005

Big Things Happen on the 3rd...

The next two months boast events larger than life on their 3rd day.

On September 3rd the Weiss era starts at Notre Dame as the Fighting Irish make their way to Pittsburgh to take on the first of many ranked teams that they'll face this year.

On October 3rd a much more momentous event will occur. Am I talking about the new Supreme Court meeting on the first Monday in October? Don't be silly. I'm talking big stuff here.

Oh yes. On October 3rd the new one-hour Peter Heck Show debuts on WIOU at 3PM.
For details see http://www.peterheck.com/.

I met Peter's mother once years ago. She was travelling with her husband to Kokomo to pay their property taxes. She was great with child. When they reached Kokomo her time came to deliver, but there was no room at Howard Community Hospital. Peter was born out back in the caretaker's tool shed. An annoying and homely baby? To be sure. But this child was destined to become a great phenom in radio history. Did his family expect greatness from this child? No. In fact they would have placed bets against it. Big bets. Lifetime savings kinds of bets. But Peter Heck fooled them all. He grew to become a man. A manly man... A man with vision, wisdom, and a keen fashion sense. He knew how to craft a sentence. He knew how to disarm a political adversary. He knew which way to turn those little twisty-ties on loaves of bread. Peter Heck could do it all!

But seriously, Mr Heck mixes faith with a passion for politics, and produces a very entertaining and thoughtful show. Can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The date is marked on my calendar. I've been following Mr. Heck since he came on the air. I appreciate your commentary. I don't usually post anything on these blogs. I normally just read them. But your story about Mr. Heck was too good to ignore. I think he needs to see this. I think you should email it to him, or somehow let him know about it.

Malott said...

I appreciate your comments.

I would also encourage you to continue to comment on blogs. Just from your one paragraph I can tell that you write well and I'm sure you have many interesting opinions.

Thanks again.