Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Airport 2012

Back in the spring of 1970 I took my girlfriend to see Airport at the Markland Mall Theater in Kokomo.  When the bomb went off on the 707, she sunk her fingernails into my arm.

Airport was the best disaster movie ever made.  Earthquake, The Poseidon Adventure, The Towering Inferno... None came close to Airport.

One thing all these movies had in common were the subplots... Stories beneath the main story that made you care about the characters. 

All that to say this:  I look at the world, our economy, the decay of our morals and culture, and I feel as if my life is just a subplot in a disaster movie. 

The bomb will detonate.  But like everyone else, I'm puttering around in my own little subplot, trying not to think about it.

.... 



No comments: