Friday, December 09, 2016

An Activist Court and the Electoral College



I have to wonder what would have happened with the 2016 election if Justice Antonin Scalia had died a year earlier and Obama had placed another leftist-activist judge on the Supreme Court.  I have to wonder if there would have been a challenge to the fairness of an election in which someone won who had fewer votes than the loser.

I have to wonder if the Democrats would have found a vehicle in which to place the issue before the Activist Supreme Court to decide the fairness of the results and rule on whether or not the Electoral College was outdated and had trampled the rights of the majority of voters.

I have to wonder if Trump would still be the President-Elect.

I know what the Constitution says, but an activist court cares nothing for the Constitution... It cares only about results.

....

No comments: