Thursday, July 07, 2011

The Fox is on the Town-o, Town-o, Town-o!

I have no rabbits wreaking havoc upon my garden this year.  I suspect this is because I have a wabbit-killing-buddy living under my neighbor's shed.


I tried to thank him this afternoon, but alas, he is shy... Too humble to accept thanks for his good deeds, and he took off into the soybean field behind my house.


I wonder if he has babies living under the shed with him... And I wonder if when a couple of the rabbits greased his chin... I wonder if the little ones chewed on the bones-o, bones-o, bones-o...

....

4 comments:

Grammy said...

Awesome!!!! I wish he'd come intimidate the deer that are eating my shrubs and flowers. Somehow his tail doesn't look like an attractive nuisance to fur collectors. Lucky for him!

Malott said...

My neighbor put moth balls under the shed, but he so far doesn't seem to mind them... And yes, he does look a little ratty to me.

As a child, I never saw hawks, owls, coyotes, deer, or foxes... As an adult, I have. They are coming back, and I like that.

Delta R. Vines said...

What a handsome critter! I had to groan as I laughed at your "bones-o" comment...LOL

Malott said...

Delta,

You remember that song? I loved the Smothers Brothers comedy version when I was a kid.