Thursday, August 25, 2016

Bill Nye, The Science Guy vs Young Earth

William Sanford Nye’s scientific bona fides consists of an undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering from Cornell, and a stint at Boeing. But you can be anything you want on television...

It was Bill Nye who debated Answers in Genesis founder Ken Ham to answer the question, Is Creation a Viable Model of Origins. 

The Left and other enemies of God have been wielding science for years in an effort to promulgate their own particular gospel, and ordinary individuals generally are impressed into believing that men who talk of things so difficult to understand must surely be onto something.

I have an undergraduate degree with a double major in chemistry and biology which means that I have studied just enough science to know that I have no business scientifically arguing the age of the Earth.  I know of smart people that claim the Earth was created in six 24 hour days and I know of other smart people (both Believers and non-Believers) who claim it took billions of years and a big bang.

So!  What do I believe?  I believe God spoke the universe into existence and until He tells me differently, I will accept literally the Bible which He directed into existence.

But I will not argue about it.

I believe arguing about the age of the Earth is just another distraction that rich, worldly Believers use to avoid dealing with their miserable efforts at being pure, Holy, and set apart for the Bridegroom, Jesus Christ. 

Putting out a scientific argument for the existence of God or the literal veracity of scripture is all very nice, but people are going to choose to believe who they want to believe... They've been doing that for many years. 

I believe that a Holy Life is so strange to the World (and to most Believers) that it will be more remarkable and influential than any argument.

.... 

No comments: