Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Gift of Celibacy

I suppose there are books that chronicle and enumerate the gifts that God gives to his children. Some are gifted with the ability to parent, and parent very well. Some are given the gift of teaching or maybe the ability to encourage. Some are given the gift of preaching.

I was given the gift of celibacy. It's a nice gift, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with it. In fact, I'm not really sure that this is the gift I wanted. But maybe, even with God, it's the thought that counts.

And as my life quickly passes through its last few years of potency, I sometimes consider my gift... Like maybe late on a Saturday night, and I feel deeply moved to lift my eyes to the Heavens and cry out in a loud voice...
Thanks a lot!

....

2 comments:

Grammy said...

Think of it this way...does anything get people into more trouble than sex????? Do people make a bigger mess out of anything than sex???? Lucky you, right?

All_I_Can_Stands said...

Kind of a white elephant gift