Monday, March 12, 2007

If Malott Was King

As a public service, Malott's Blog will attempt enlighten the blogging world as to the question that is on every one's mind... What would the world be like... If Malott was King.

In our first installment we explore the question...

How would we vote... If Malott was King?

1) If you wanted the privilege to to vote, you would have to be able to speak English. Heck, you shouldn't even be able to immigrate if you can't speak English.

2) If you are, or ever have been an illegal alien, you cannot vote.

3) If you pay no taxes, you cannot vote.

4) If you have served in the Military, you get to vote twice.

That's a good start. Please leave any additions or corrections in the comments.

There should never be an intelligence test to qualify for voting, but demonstrating a certain amount of knowledge...? Here is a site that has a voting test that you might like.

I scored 98%.

11 comments:

Arthur_Vandelay said...

Sounds like your average banana republic in equatorial Africa or the middle of the Pacific. (Well, except for the monarch part.)

Give me liberal democracy any day ;)

Bekah said...

Hey there!!! I like it your way. I'm a little scared about the voting test, given last week's confirmation that I'm not very smart. But maybe I'll take it anyway and just not tell you my score.

janice said...

My score was 98%, A+. I missed the UN secretary general's name.

MeThinks it's a great idea requiring some standard, basic requirements for the privilage to vote. In Ohio, convicted felons lost their right to vote and own guns. Last week I saw a guy, I know was in prison, standing in line to vote. Something isn't right.

Malott said...

But Arthur, I'd look so good in the crown and robe...

My voting rules reflect my desire that those who contribute and sacrifice most to the system - have the most say in how it operates.

Malott said...

Bekah,

In order to write the way you do - a person must be [very] smart.

...this is just a current events test.

Malott said...

Janice,

Obviously great minds think alike. That's the question I missed. I recognized the face...

Christina said...

I like the test. I missed the same one you and Janice did. I had it right...then I second-guessed myself. When will I learn?

And by the way...you would definitely look fabulous in robes. I don't know about the crown though...maybe more of a hat. With ears....that resemble cat's ears?

Anonymous said...

94 percent or so. Missed the UN (both) and the name of the Israeli PM.

Otherwise, why in the hell should military people get two votes?


Why not two votes for policemen and firemen. How about three votes for astronauts?

A freaking daredevil should get five votes.

Five votes for daredevils.

SkyePuppy said...

I got 100%. Now, if only I can do that well on my next Anatomy test on Thursday...

Arthur,

Malott's kingdom wouldn't be some average banana republic. It would be a Tomato Kingdom, with the capital based in Indiana.

Arthur_Vandelay said...

Not a Tater-Tot kingdom in Idaho?

Jacob said...

I scored 96.25%, which I think is pretty good considering most of the questions were centred around America.

...

I agree with AV; give me a liberal democracy any day. All citizens should have exactly one vote each.