Monday, December 25, 2006

Working on Christmas

When you work in a hospital you often end up working holidays... So here I am at work on Christmas morning. I always volunteer to work Christmas because the females I work with have kids and grand kids. I, of course, have no one. I'm childless, loveless, friendless, and even my parents aren't terribly fond of me. Yes, it's very sad.

Do the females I work with appreciate me for working Christmas? No, they do not. They say, "You're such a loser - you might as well work Christmas, what else have you got to do?"

At that, I simply smile humbly and say Merry Christmas... and slowly walk away...

Though I'm unappreciated and misunderstood, I carry on - knowing that Jesus and the apostles are up in heaven and looking down on me in my selflessness. They no doubt whisper amongst themselves, saying - "That Malott is some guy!

My only complaint is with all these sick people. If they had a little more consideration, they'd be home for Christmas and I wouldn't have to work so hard.

Well, Merry Christmas from Malott's Blog.

6 comments:

All_I_Can_Stands said...

Chris, Merry Christmas. Sorry you have to work. I'll eat an extra plate for you.

Malott said...

AICS,

How thoughtful of you.

Bekah said...

Working on Christmas!?!? That's no fun. Those girls owe you BIG time. It's not right that those of us stuck alone and without kids end up working all the "family time" huh? And while I'm at it - why can't we get family sick days for our pets??

Hopefully you get at least PART of the day for fun!!

Malott said...

Bekah,

Actually it wasn't too bad, and the girl in whose place I worked was very appreciative - even called in to check on me. Still, I reserve the right to whine.

And sick time for Kitty and Poochie seems entirely reasonable to me.

janice said...

I know how you feel. My son is a LPN. Since he's 21, single and childless, if it's the holiday he's not working he'll usually switch with someone so they can be home with their children. He's such a good guy.

My Chris is just like you, Chris.

Malott said...

Janice,

Yes, we Christophers are a Saintly lot.