Thursday, June 26, 2008

Why My Life is Better Than Yours


Every day people I barely know stop me on the street and ask me... They say, "Malott, your life is obviously better than mine. Can you tell me why?" Usually I just push them out of my way, especially if they're old, female, and infirmed.

But it occurred to me that the people who visit my blog might be wondering the same thing... Why my life is better than theirs. So let me take a moment to explain...

Am I smarter than you? ...No.

Am I better looking? ...You've seen the size of my ears.

Am I more popular than you? ...My high school class voted me, "Least likely to be remembered."

Am I wealthier than you? ...Hardly.

Am I more loved by God? ...Well... Perhaps.

Am I a better cook? ...Absolutely!

But the main and foremost reason that my life is better than yours, is that... I live in Indiana... And in a few weeks I'll be eating this:


7 comments:

SkyePuppy said...

Yes, but will you be eating arugula?

Tsofah said...

Chris,

MMMMMMMmmmmmmm. We are attempting to grow some too. Darn the bugs and darn the floods and darn the rain! Well, SOME rain is ok.

I love real, honest, homegrown tomatoes.

Malott said...

Tsofah,

Mmmmmm is right. Homegrown, perhaps my favorite food.


Skyepuppy,

Do you mean Christina Arugula?

Mojo_Risin said...

Arugula... it's a veg-e-ta-ble.

I have tomato blossoms starting now. Hope for some tomatoes in a few weeks. I'm gonna rip em off the vine as soon as they're pink.

Bekah said...

I didn't recognize that plant...must not be the cocoa bean or the coffee bean. :)

But at least now I know what is wrong with my own life. Sigh. Ignorance was such bliss.

My friend Marie and I had a shopping extravaganza in Kokomo today. We should have stopped by and invited you to join. Hours at the hobby lobby.....hours in the garden....such a tough choice for you!

Jacob said...

So what, I get roast koala.

SkyePuppy said...

Oh, wow, Jacob! You get all the good stuff!!!