Monday, January 06, 2020

Saving Mayor Pete

In my youth I was a skirt chaser.  There was nothing in my chasing of women that was dashing or cool... I was just a jerk.  In fact the fruits and failures of my life can generally be reduced down to the old phrase  "Wine, Women, and Song."  I hope to write about the "Song" part soon... (Oddly it's the hardest sin to kick...) but that's not today's topic...

First of all I'd like to say that I am convinced beyond a shadow of doubt that throughout history there have been Christians who have suffered with same-sex attractions and have heroically refused to give in to temptation and have honored God by resisting those attractions.  I think it's important for us heterosexual sinners to acknowledge that these individuals have far more character than we do.

Now, may I suggest:
1)  In all my time spent chasing women...  I always called what I was doing... sin.   I made excuses for myself, but I called it sin.

2)  The only homosexual sinners -and heterosexual sinners- in Heaven will be those who are repentant.  In order to repent you must acknowledge what you're doing is...  sin.

3)  When homosexuality became politicized there was suddenly little room for the practising homosexual to repent.  When homosexuality became politicized it gained its own peculiar righteousness, and a kind of "loyalty to the cause" entered into the equation.   To the movement, "Sin"  became only a word bandied about by bigots homophobes.

Now... Mayor Pete Buttigieg is a candidate for president and he is a homosexual.  He is legally married to another man.    Pete claims to be a Christian... And that claim is the most significant impediment to his salvation.


  I'm convinced that God will save the homosexual long before he saves the people who mislead the homosexual.  Those who call themselves Christians and who seek to legitimize and facilitate, in any way, the homosexual lifestyle are False Teachers and the Bible minces no words in describing how God feels about them.

Only God knows how many young people have rejected Biblical Truth and have fallen into sin because of the influence of men like Mayor Pete.  Only God knows how many deathbed conversions have been eclipsed by a stubborn pride and loyalty to like-minded crusaders.

All that to say this:   I know Mayor Pete can be saved.  He can reject the false god he has fashioned that accommodates his desires.  He can embrace the Bible as God's word and accept it as written.  But surely only God could engineer the circumstances which would bring about this change of heart and cause Mayor Pete to call his lifestyle sin... and repent.

….

No comments: